Criminal Justice
1.What is the main subject of your question?
* The main subject of my quest is what Jobs or career are in the criminal justice field?
2.What subject guide or guides did you use to identify the relevant databases for your question?
* I used police activities to identify the databases.
For each database you chose:
1.Which database did you choose for your search?
* The database I chose for my search was Academic Search Premier
2.What terms did you enter to conduct your search?
* I searched Criminal Justice Careers
3. How many results did you retrieve?
* I retrieved 2 Results
4.If there were more than about 100 results, how did you refine your search terms to narrow your results?
* N/A
5.Once you got your results to around 100 (or fewer), how did you determine they were meaningful?
* I determined it was meaningful because I looked at the description to see if any of the book had anything to do with the career fields of the criminal justice system.
6.Which article did you choose? Give the bibliographic information for that article
* The article I chose was Preparing students for criminal justice careers.
* Johnson, Louis
FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin; Sep98, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p21, 4p, 2 bw
ISSN:
00145688
Accession Number:
1080375
7.How did you determine these articles were meaningful?
* The article was meaningful because it did list the jobs that are open with the criminal justice system and it had some relevance to what I was looking for.
Civil Engineering
1.What is the main subject of your question?
* The main subject of my question is the background and projects that had to do with civil engineering.
2.What subject guide or guides did you use to identify the relevant databases for your question?
* The subject I used were Civil Engineering Projects
For each database you chose:
1.Which database did you choose for your search?
* i chose Britannica Online
2.What terms did you enter to conduct your search?
* The terms I entered were Civil Engineering Projects
3.How many results did you retrieve?
* I retrieved 91 results
4.If there were more than about 100 results, how did you refine your search terms to narrow your results?
* N/A
5.Once you got your results to around 100 (or fewer), how did you determine they were meaningful?
* I chose that they were meaningful by looking for the keywords I typed in.
6.Which article did you choose? Give the bibliographic information for that article
* The article I chose is Architecture and Civil Engineering
Year in Review 1999Workspace
7.How did you determine these articles were meaningful?
* I determined that the article was meaningful by reading the article to see if it had what I was looking for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First, I expected you to work with the same question as you worked with last week--in both databases. I'm glad you found something in criminal justice abstracts, but I'm not surprised there were so few. The main part of your question is about jobs, which is essentially a career topic first and a criminal justice topic second. Careers are generally covered in some business databases, which is where I would suggest you look for more information in that area.
ReplyDeleteAs for your second search, it's fine, just not on topic.
Finally, these are still very broad areas, particularly your second question, so if you were writing a real research paper, you would need to narrow these down significantly.