Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Experimental Exercise Final

Category: Clean Energy

1) Where did you start and why?
I started typing in my category "Clean Energy" on the library catalog worked my way down on the list to the World Wide Web.

2) What sources did you select and why?
The sources I selected was the Library catalog and the World Wide Web because I am familiar with those sources.

3) Discuss all the steps you took and why did you follow that order?
All the steps I took was first searched Clean Energy in all of the sources that was listed to see where I can find the best results and description of Clean Energy. I followed that order because I wanted to make sure that I can find something in every source about clean energy.

4) What search terms and search techniques did you use and why?
I just looked up Clean Energy because it seems to be the most popular keyword, but I also typed in Environmental clean energy, and clean energy environment. I just stuck with the one I was given which was just Clean Energy since I found more results and more topics.

-How did you evaluate and revise your search as you went along?
I evaluated my search as I went along by looking at topics that were more relevant to what I was looking for and actually clicking on the article to see if it had anything to do with my search.

-How did you change your search as a result of the various steps you took?
I didn't really change my search I just went along with it because I was already find things that are related to my category.

5) What did you find? Give the bibliographic information for all your sources.
I found an article of a document on a hearing committee of Clean Energy and the U.S on the Library Catalog.

Author: United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Energy and Natural Resources

Title: Clean energy technologies [electronic resource] : hearing before the

Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, United States Senate, One Hundred Tenth Congress, second session, to receive testimony regarding legislation to improve the availability of financing for deployment of clean energy and energy efficiency technologies and to enhance United States' competitiveness in this market : specific bills to be considered are S. 3233, introduced by Senator Bingaman and S. 2730, introduced by Senator Domenici, July 15, 2008

Library Has: Internet version only

Publ. Info.: Washington : U.S. G.P.O., 2008

Descript: 1 electronic text (iii, 51 p.) : HTML, digital, PDF file

Series: S. hrg. ; 110-573

And I also found a website regarding Clean Energy on WWW.epa.Gov/CleanEnergy/
Source: U.S Government Website.

6) Choose two of your sources and evaluate the content of those sources.
Evaluating my sources on the WWW and the library catalog is that they both gave good information and on the Library catalog gave me information about past hearings between the government and their strategies of improving the environment and the WWW on epa.gov gave some good facts about how and why clean energy started and what causes the world to call for clean energy.

7) How would you formulate your topics and narrow your search?
I would formulate and narrow my search by key wording specific questions or specific topics about clean energy.

8) Formulate two complex research questions
1) How did clean energy put in to affect?
2) What are the major difficulties in resolving the unhealthy environment?

9) Identify two additional databases you would use to find additional information.
Two additional databases I would use to find additional information is Newspapers and Academic search premier because they would also have news and facts about the environment and clean energy.

1 comment:

  1. I see that you found something in the catalog and something on the web, which is good. You also gave me a good description of your process and your search techniques.

    I also asked that you search Academic Search Premier, a disciplinary database, and a newspaper/current events database. You needed to "find the full-text of your five sources" and "give the bibliographic citation for all your sources." Also, you needed two "additional" databases, not the ones you were searching at first.

    ReplyDelete